By Anthony Caruso III | Publisher
Parts Plus Top Fuel Dragster pilot Clay Millican is the No. 1 qualifier on Saturday at the inaugural Lucas Oil NHRA Summernationals at Lucas Oil Raceway at Indianapolis in Brownsburg, Indiana. This is the Drummonds, Tennessee native’s first No. 1 qualifier of the season.
With the No. 1 qualifier, it is his 24th of his career. Millican went 3.829 at 317.34 mph to claim the top spot.
“It’s just awesome after the long break,” Millican said. “We were No. 1 last week, but we didn’t get a chance to maintain it. To maintain it today is really cool. We didn’t make a good run right there. They had a leak in the clutch can and I don’t know if that maybe made me shake the tires. It doesn’t matter. Parts Plus is number one baby.”
He will face Todd Paton in the first-round of eliminations on Sunday.
Mopar sponsored Top Fuel Dragster pilot Leah Pruett was the No. 2 qualifier. The Don Schumacher Racing pilot, who resides in Lake Havasu City, Arizona, went 3.850 at 314.31 mph.
DHL sponsored Top Fuel Dragster Shawn Langdon rounded out the Top 3 with his 3.855 at 314.46 mph pass.
- Clay Millican vs. Todd Paton
- Leah Pruett vs. Lex Joon
- Shawn Langdon vs. Justin Ashley
- Antron Brown vs. Pat Dakin
- Tony Schumacher vs. Terry McMillen
- Doug Kalitta vs. Doug Foley
- Steve Torrence vs. Billy Torrence
- T.J. Zizzo vs. Terry Totten
The following drivers did not qualify for the event:
- Joe Morrison, who was attempting to make his NHRA debut
- Cory McClenathan, who may have had his final attempt to qualify for an NHRA event
- Luigi Novelli