Latest News

Latest on the death outside Arrowhead Stadium

Follow The Capital Sports Report on

Follow us: @CapSportsReport on Twitter | The Capital Sports Report on Facebook

By Anthony Caruso III
Posted: December 1st, 2013 at 10:56 pm EST

About an hour ago, news started to break that there was an incident outside of Arrowhead Stadium. The incident happened during the Kansas City Chiefs-Denver Broncos game.

On the 1-year anniversary of the Jovan Belcher murder-suicide in the Kansas City area, including Belcher’s suicide at Arrowhead Stadium in front of his former head coach and general manager, there was another death at Arrowhead Stadium. This death was not a suicide, but a robbery gone wrong.Arrowhead-Stadium

Early reports had two suspects in custody. And now, according to the Associated Press, there are three suspects in custody, with two of them expected to be a father and son, who saw the mid-20’s suspect break into their green Jeep, before a fight broke out.

However, the Associated Press is saying that Kansas City police spokesman Darin Sapp that there have been no arrests made so far. The victim was found laying on the pavement as police arrived, and they tried to give him first aid, before later dying at the hospital.

“Talking to several witnesses that were out here in the parking lots, there was an individual who came back to his vehicle, saw someone inside the vehicle that did not belong. A struggle ensued between the two. That’s when the individual collapsed,” Snapp said.

At this time, it is not known how the suspect died. However, being stabbed and being shot are being ruled out at this time.

“We don’t know if the person had a health condition, had a heart attack. We don’t know,” Snapp said. “We’re going to investigate this as a homicide until we hear differently. Right now it’s a suspicious death but we are going to investigate it as a homicide.”

Snapp said there was several witnesses to the incident. And those, who were taking into custody, are being questioned at this time.

“Everyone was very cooperative when we got here,” he said. “Everyone that we believed was involved is still here and we’re talking to them. Right now they’re persons of interest. Like I said, until we find out exactly how this person passed away, we’re going to investigate it as a homicide. They’re not suspects right now until we find out exactly what happened.”


Enter your email address to follow The Capital Sports Report and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Join 564 other followers

Any Corrections?. You can contact Anthony Caruso III, Publisher at

Follow us: @CapSportsReport on Twitter | The Capital Sports Report on Facebook

©2007-2018 The Capital Sports Report. Please honor copyright! Piracy hurts writers, devalues their works, and puts you and your employer at risk of lawsuits. All original materials contained on this website are protected by the United States copyright law and may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, displayed, published or broadcasted without the prior written permission.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s