By Anthony Caruso III | Publisher
Neither the Houston Texas or the Denver Broncos will trade for quarterback Tony Romo. Earlier on Monday, the Cowboys said Romo can began to talk to teams.
The Cowboys are waiting until June 1, before they release their long-time signal-caller. Since the Broncos and the Texans know the Cowboys are going to release him, they’re not going to through away a draft pick.
The Broncos are apparently back in the mix for Romo after they said they were not interested in adding him. The Texans have been the front-runner to add him.
The Texans are a few hours away from Dallas and would allow him to start right away over Tom Savage. He’s been the penciled in starter following Brock Osweiler’s deal to the Cleveland Browns.
In the Broncos, he would have to compete with Trevor Siemian and Paxton Lynch. Siemian was the starter last season, as former head coach Gary Kubiak and John Elway, who runs the Football Operations, are in love with Siemian.
Romo has TV offers, including an offer from CBS that is reportedly “too good to pass up.” If he goes to CBS, he would replace Phil Simms on their No. 1 team with Jim Nantz.
If he should retire and go with Fox Sports, he’ll replace John Lynch on their “B” team. Joe Buck and Troy Aikman, a former Cowboys quarterback, is their “A” team.