By Anthony Caruso III | Publisher
According to Old Bridge Township Raceway Park’s co-owner Alex Napp, the drag strip will not bring back two Top Fuel dragsters for their annual Night of Thrills show. The event will take place on Wednesday, July 19th.
Napp said it was a financial decision.
“It costs $25,000 to bring the two dragsters here,” Napp said. “While the fans like to see them, they like to see Monster Trucks more — and they are a lot less money. Instead of bringing four Monster Trucks, we’re going to have eight.”
It’s not clear at this time, who will be the Monster Trucks.
Nitro Ninja Top Fuel pilot Dom Lagana said he was not surprised by the news. Lagana believed that the two sides could have worked something out before being told the news.
“I haven’t heard from them in months,” Lagana said. “They weren’t answering our phone calls. I’m not surprised. I wish they would have just came out and told us.”
Lagana faced Todd Paton in last year’s Top Fuel action during the Night of Thrills. Paton was also brief with the news while walking the pits, as he was working for RacePak during the historic NHRA Summernationals event.
However, with this news, it’s not known if they’ll go away from the Top Fuel Dragsters for one-year, or for the foreseeable future.
Any Corrections?. You can contact Anthony at email@example.com.