By Anthony Caruso III | Publisher
Mohnton, Pa. — Gray Motorsports Pro Stock driver Tanner Gray is the No. 1 qualifier on Saturday at the Dodge NHRA Nationals at Maple Grove Raceway. Gray has now won back-to-back No. 1 qualifiers.
The Mooresville, North Carolina native, who has five wins this season, went 6.542 at 210.47 mph to capture the Reading No. 1 qualifier. He moved up to the top spot in his fourth qualifying session, running side-by-side with Jeg Coughlin Jr., who was the No. 1 qualifier following the third session.
Jegs.com/Elite Performance driver Jeg Coughlin Jr. is the No. 2 qualifier. The Delaware, Ohio native went 6.545 at 209.79 mph.
Melling Performance/Elite Performance driver Erica Enders-Stevens, who had the provisional lead on Friday night, is presently in the No. 3 position. The Houston, Texas native went 6.550 at 209.88 mph.
Ray Skillman sponsored Drew Skillman, who uses Gray Motorsports engines, is the No. 4 qualifier. The Bargersville, Indiana native went 6.551 at 210.80 mph.
Reigning Pro Stock Champion Bo Butner is presently in the fifth position. The Floyds Knobs, Indiana native went 6.557 at 209.20 mph.
First Round of Eliminations:
1) Tanner Gray vs. 16) Val Smeland
2) Jeg Coughlin Jr. vs. 15) John Gaydosh Jr.
3) Erica Enders-Stevens vs. 14) Alan Prusinsky
4) Drew Skillman vs. 13) Fernando Cuadra
5) Bo Butner vs. 12) Kenny Delco
6) Vincent Nobile vs. 11) Matt Hartford
7) Greg Anderson vs. 10) Deric Kramer
8) Jason Line vs. 9) Chris McGaha