By Anthony Caruso III | Publisher
Mohnton, Pa. — Capco Contractors Inc. Top Fuel pilot Steve Torrence is the Top Fuel points leader going into the Dodge NHRA Nationals. However, unlike the other three professional categories, he was not the No. 1 qualifier on Saturday afternoon at Maple Grove Raceway.
Great Clips/Parts Plus Top Fuel Dragster pilot Clay Millican is the No. 1 qualifier near Reading, Pa. The Drummonds, Tennessee native went 3.723 at 320.72 mph.
This is Millican’s eighth No. 1 qualifier of the season.
U.S. Army Top Fuel Dragster pilot Tony Schumacher is the No. 2 qualifier. The Hills, Texas native went 3.754 at 328.86 mph.
Dodge Demon Top Fuel Dragster pilot Leah Pritchett is the No. 3 qualifier. The Danville, Indiana native went 3.758 at 312.50 mph.
Torrence is the No. 4 qualifier. The Kilgore, Texas native 3.762 at 330.88 mph.
Scrappers Racing Top Fuel Dragster pilot Mike Salinas is the No. 5 qualifier. The San Jose, California native went 3.764 at 328.46 mph.
First Round of Eliminations:
- Clay Millican vs. 16. Jim Maroney
- Tony Schumacher vs. 15. Dan Mercier
- Leah Pritchett vs. 14. Audrey Worm
- Steve Torrence vs. 13. Bill Litton
- Mike Salinas vs. 12. Terry McMillen
- Antron Brown vs. 11. Brittany Force
- Scott Palmer vs. 10. Dom Lagana
- Doug Kalitta vs. 9. Richie Crampton