By Anthony Caruso III | Publisher
Mohnton, PA. — Matt Smith is the No. 1 qualifier in the Pro Stock Motorcycle category on Saturday at the Dodge NHRA Nationals at Maple Grove Raceway with a 6.828 at 198.35 mph pass. This is Smith’s 30th career No. 1 qualifier.
This is Smith’s fourth No. 1 qualifier of the 2018 season, including the past three races. The King, North Carolina native clinched the top spot with speed over Eddie Krawiec.
Krawiec, the Screamin’ Eagle Vance & Hines Harley-Davidson rider, is the No. 2 qualifier. The Brownsburg, Indiana native went 6.828 at 197.08 mph in his Harley Street Rod.
Lucas Oil TV rider Hector Arana Jr. is the No. 3 qualifier. The Milltown, Indiana native went 6.832 at 197.33 mph.
Krawiec’s Screamin’ Eagle Vance & Hines Harley-Davidson teammate Andrew Hines is the No. 4 qualifier. The Brownsburg, Indiana native went 6.847 at 196.02 mph.
White Alligator Racing’s LE Tonglet is the No. 5 qualifier. The Metairie, Louisiana native, who is also a firefighter when he’s not racing, went 6.863 at 195.99 mph.
First-Round of Eliminations:
1) Matt Smith Vs. 16) John Hall
2) Eddie Krawiec vs. 15) Jimmy Underdahl
3) Hector Arana Jr. vs. 14) Ron Tornow
4) Andrew Hines vs. 13) Ryan Oehler
5) LE Tonglet vs. 12) Mark Paquette
6) Joey Gladstone vs. 11) Scotty Pollacheck
7) Angelle Sampey vs. 10) Angie Smith
8) Steve Johnson vs. 9) Jerry Savoie