By Anthony Caruso III | Publisher
Advance Auto Parts Funny Car pilot Courtney Force would like to forget last weekend. She was defeated in the first-round in an upset by Mike Smith.
She has rebounded nicely so far with a provisional No. 1 qualifier on Friday at the seventh annual AAA Insurance NHRA Midwest Nationals at Gateway Motorsports Park in Madison, Illinois. The Yorba Linda, California native went 3.881 at 331.04 mph for the top spot.
NAPA Auto Parts sponsored Funny Car pilot Ron Capps is presently in the No. 2 spot. The Carlsbad, California native went 3.909 at 323.89 mph.
Motorcraft/Quick Lane sponsored Funny Car pilot Bob Tasca III is presently the No. 3 qualifier. The Cranston, Rhode Island native went 3.915 at 320.58 mph.
Make-A-Wish Foundation sponsored Funny Car pilot Tommy Johnson Jr. is currently in the fourth position. The Avon, Indiana native went 3.918 at 326.40 mph.
Levi, Ray, and Shoup Inc. Funny Car pilot Tim Wilkerson is in the fifth position. The Springfield, Illinois native went 3.924 at 325.53 mph.
The rest of the standings went like this:
6) Robert Hight 3.925 at 325.37 mph
7) J.R. Todd 3.928 at 323.66 mph
8) Jack Beckman 3.929 at 326.00 mph
9) John Force 3.954 at 327.82 mph
10) Shawn Langdon 3.957 at 322.96 mph
11) Jonnie Lindberg 3.996 at 315.71 mph
12) Del Worsham 4.001 at 321.73 mph
13) Cruz Pedregon 4.028 at 313.29 mph
14) Matt Hagan 4.103 at 253.33 mph
15) Jack Wyatt 4.192 at 289.63 mph
16) Jim Campbell 7.192 at 88.51 mph
Presently, there are two Funny Cars, who are not qualified. Dale Creasy Jr., the Beecher, Illinois native, is presently in the 17th spot after going 10.715 at 72.16 mph.
Terry Haddock is in the 18th spot after the Temple, Texas native went 11.261 at 77.57 mph.