By Anthony Caruso III | Publisher
Screamin’ Eagle Vance & Hines Harley-Davidson sponsored Pro Stock Motorcycle rider Eddie Krawiec is the provisional No. 1 qualifier on Friday night at the seventh annual AAA Insurance NHRA Midwest Nationals at Gateway Motorsports Park in Madison, Illinois. The Brownsburg, Indiana native went 6.820 at 195.56 mph for the top spot on his Harley Street Rod.
His teammate, Andrew Hines is in the provisional No. 2 spot. The Brownsburg, Indiana native went 6.835 at 195.34 mph on his Harley Street Rod.
The third Harley-Davidson bike, driven by Chip Ellis, is in the third position. The China Grove, North Carolina native went 6.845 at 192.93 mph on his Harley Street Rod.
Denso/Elite Performance sponsored Matt Smith is in the fourth position. The King, North Carolina native went 6.852 at 196.19 mph.
Lucas Oil TV sponsored Hector Arana Jr. is presently in the fifth position. The Milltown, Indiana native, who won last weekend’s Dodge NHRA Nationals at Maple Grove Raceway in Mohnton, Pa., went 6.877 at 195.59 mph.
The rest of the field panned out like this:
6) Angie Smith 6.877 at 195.59 mph
7) Steve Johnson 6.881 at 193.99 mph
8) LE Tonglet 6.889 at 193.29 mph
9) Jerry Savoie 6.908 at 19.82 mph
10) Kelly Clontz 6.943 at 192.49 mph
11) Mark Paquette 6.956 at 191.32 mph
12) Scotty Pollacheck 6.968 at 190.67 mph
13) Jim Underdahl 6.976 at 192.00 mph
14) Ryan Oehler 6.979 at 191.95 mph
15) Angelle Sampey 6.980 at 183.32 mph
16) Hector Arana 6.982 at 195.25 mph
Presently there are two bikes, who are not qualified. Joey Gladstone, the Townsend, Delaware native, driving for Team Liberty Racing, went 7.001 at 191.38 mph and is positioned 17th.
Karen Stoffer, the Gardnerville, Nevada native, driving for Stoffer/Underdahl Racing, is presently in the 18th spot after she went 7.046 at 192.17 mph.