By Anthony Caruso III | Publisher
Lucas Oil TV’s Pro Stock Motorcycle rider Hector Arana Jr. is the No. 1 qualifier on Saturday at the NHRA Toyota Nationals at The Strip at Las Vegas Motor Speedway in Las Vegas, Nevada. He used the first pass on Saturday to claim the top spot.
The East Northport, New York native went 6.845 at 196.44 mph during the third qualifying pass of the weekend. This is Arana Jr.’s third No. 1 qualifier of the season.
It is also his first No. 1 qualifier since the Virginia NHRA Nationals at Virginia Motorsports Park in North Dinwiddie, Virginia in June.
“We made a really good pass the first session,” Arana Jr. said. “Right there that gave us the confidence boost and the momentum to be able to go as fast as we are going. We didn’t have to play catch up or figure out a tune-up. The tune-up we nailed it right away, then we were able to tickle it a little bit. We really feel confident going into race day [Sunday].”
Arana Jr. will face Mark Paquette in the first-round in the eliminations. The No. 16 qualifier went 6.990 at 189.52 mph.
Screamin’ Eagle Vance & Hines Harley-Davidson Pro Stock Motorcycle rider Eddie Krawiec is the No. 2 qualifier. The Avon, Indiana native went 6.859 at 195.65 mph.
Krawiec will face Ron Tornow in the first-round of eliminations. The Pittsburgh, Pa. native went 6.987 at 189.98 mph.
Arana Jr.’s father Hector Arana is the No. 3 qualifier. The Milltown, Indiana native, who is also sponsored by Lucas Oil TV, like his son, went 6.863 at 194.88 mph.
Arana will face Ryan Oehler in the first-round of eliminations. The Bloomington, Illinois native went 6.980 at 193.49 mph.
Screamin’ Eagle Vance & Hines Harley-Davidson Pro Stock Motorcycle rider Chip Ellis is the No. 4 qualifier. Ellis went 6.899 at 194.60 mph.
He’ll face Kelly Clontz in the first-round of eliminations. The Hughesville, Maryland native went 6.972 at 190.97 mph.
Screamin’ Eagle Vance & Hines Harley-Davidson Pro Stock Motorcycle teammate Andrew Hines is the No. 5 qualifier. The Brownsburg, Indiana native went 6.911 at 193.43 mph.
He’ll face Scotty Pollacheck in the first-round of eliminations. The Central Point, Oregon native went 6.963 at 190.89 mph.
Sunday’s elimination pairings:
- Hector Arana Jr, EBR, 6.845, 196.44 mph vs. 16. Mark Paquette, Buell, 6.990, 189.52 mph
- Eddie Krawiec, Harley-Davidson, 6.859, 195.65 mph vs. 15. Ron Tornow, Buell, 6.987, 189.98 mph
- Hector Arana, EBR, 6.863, 194.88 mph vs. 14. Ryan Oehler, Buell, 6.980, 193.49 mph
- Chip Ellis, Harley-Davidson, 6.899, 194.60 mph vs. 13. Kelly Clontz, Suzuki, 6.972, 190.97 mph
- Andrew Hines, Harley-Davidson, 6.911, 193.43 mph vs. 12. Scotty Pollacheck, Suzuki, 6.963, 190.89 mph
- Angie Smith, Buell, 6.921, 191.19 mph vs. 11. Angelle Sampey, Buell, 6.953, 191.73 mph
- Steve Johnson, Suzuki, 6.926, 189.39 mph vs. 10. Jerry Savoie, Suzuki, 6.953, 191.87 mph
- Matt Smith, EBR, 6.931, 195.17 mph vs. 9. LE Tonglet, Suzuki, 6.931, 194.32 mph
There were six bikes, who did not make the show. No. 17 qualifier Karen Stoffer went 6.991 at 190.51 mph. No. 18 qualifier Kate Sullivan went 7.000 at 192.74 mph. No. 19 qualifier Cory Reed went 7.020 at 190.59 mph.
No. 20 qualifier Freddie Camarena went 7.040 at 191.57 mph. No. 21 qualifier Anthony Vanetti went 7.153 at 184.09 mph. No. 22 qualifier Maurice Allen went 7.195 at 184.39 mph.