By Anthony Caruso III | Publisher
According to TMZ Sports, New York Yankees legend, Bernie Williams, said the New York Yankees fans are not going to be happy that Robinson Canó is back in New York. And this time with a different team.
On Saturday, Canó, and closer Edwin Díaz, were traded to the Mets. The Mariners also sent $20 million to the Mariners.
In exchange, the Mets shipped outfielder Jay Bruce and relief pitcher Anthony Swarzak. They also received outfield prospect Jarred Kelenic and pitching prospects Justin Dunn and Gerson Bautista.
“I think it’s going to be good for him to be back in New York,” Williams said. “But, I don’t know if Yankees fans are going to like that, though!”
Williams was asked if Canó can still play. He has five years left on his contract. Canó is still owed $120 million.
“Oh, yeah, he’s got plenty in the tank, man,” Bernie said. “No doubt.”
The 36-year-old San Pedro de Macoris, Dominican Republic native was hit with an 80-game PED suspension in May. Yet, he had a .303 batting average with 10 home runs and 50 RBIs in 80 games.
It also reunited Canó with new Mets General Manager Brodie Van Wagenen, who was previously a sports agent. He is also the individual, who negotiated Canó massive 10-year, $240 million deal with the Mariners in 2013.
Any Corrections?. You can contact Anthony Caruso III, Publisher at firstname.lastname@example.org.
©2007-2019 The Capital Sports Report. Please honor copyright! Piracy hurts writers, devalues their works, and puts you and your employer at risk of lawsuits. All original materials contained on this website are protected by the United States copyright law and may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, displayed, published or broadcasted without the prior written permission.