Advertisements
Latest News

Seahawks hope to continue home success against Chiefs on Sunday Night

Follow The Capital Sports Report on WordPress.com

Follow us: @CapSportsReport on Twitter | The Capital Sports Report on Facebook

By Anthony Caruso III | Publisher

The Kansas City Chiefs face the Seattle Seahawks on Sunday Night Football on Sunday, December 23rd, 2018. The game will kick off at 8:20 pm EST at CenturyLink Field in Seattle, Washington.

The Chiefs come into this game with an 11-3 record. Kansas City is 5-2 on the road.

The Seahawks are 8-6 this season. They are 4-2 at home.

Seattle Seahawks running back Chris Carson is tackled by Oakland Raiders' Rashaan Melvin during the 2018 NFL International Series
Chris Carson is tackled by Oakland Raiders’ Rashaan Melvin during the 2018 NFL International Series (Getty Images)

According to Sascha Paruk from SportsBettingDime.com, the Seahawks are a rare home underdog in Week 16 when they host the AFC-leading Chiefs. The current moneyline (Chiefs -145 vs Seattle +125) gives the Chiefs a 59.1% chance to win and the Seahawks a 44.4% chance. When you adjust that to account for the vig, Kansas City has a 57.1% chance versus 42.9% for Seattle.

The Chiefs has won the last three games in this series. They won 24-20 on November 16th, 2014.

They also won 42-24 on November 28th, 2010. And finally, they won 35-28 on October 29th, 2006.

The Seahawks have not won in this series since a 39-32 loss on November 24th, 2002.

In the last 10 meetings, the Chiefs have a 6-4 advantage dating back to November 21st, 2009.

The Chiefs come into this meeting with a one-game losing streak. They were defeated 29-28 to the Los Angeles Chargers on December 13th.

Kansas City has not won a game since December 9th. They defeated the Baltimore Ravens, 27-24.

Like the Chiefs, the Seahawks also come into this game with a one-game losing streak. They were defeated 26-23 to the San Francisco 49ers on December 16th.

Seattle’s last win was on December 10th. They defeated the Minnesota Vikings, 21-7.

The Chiefs are averaging 35.6 points per game. Their offense is averaging 438.9 total yards per game.

Kansas City’s defense is allowing 27.1 points per game. In addition, they are giving up 431.6 total yards per contest.

Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes III has gone 346 of 516 for 4,543 yards. He also has 45 touchdowns and 11 interceptions.

Kareem Hunt — who was released after a domestic violence incident — leads the Chiefs with 181 carries for 824 yards and seven touchdowns. Spencer Ware — who has been filling in as the starter since Hunt’s release — has 51 carries for 246 yards and two touchdowns.

Tyreek Hill leads the Chiefs receivers with 78 receptions for 1,304 yards and 11 touchdowns.

The Seahawks are averaging 25.9 points per game. Their offense is averaging 370.9 total yards per game.

Their defense is allowing 20.9 points per game. Seattle’s defense is allowing 375.2 total yards per game.

Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson has gone 250 of 377 for 3,025 yards. He also has 31 touchdowns and six interceptions.

Chris Carson leads the Seahawks backs with 201 carries for 913 yards and six touchdowns. Tyler Lockett leads the Seahawks receivers with 51 receptions for 800 yards and nine touchdowns.

Advertisements

Any Corrections?. You can contact Anthony Caruso III, Publisher at publisher@thecapitalsportsreport.com.

 

Follow us: @CapSportsReport on Twitter | The Capital Sports Report on Facebook

 

©2007-2019 The Capital Sports Report. Please honor copyright! Piracy hurts writers, devalues their works, and puts you and your employer at risk of lawsuits. All original materials contained on this website are protected by the United States copyright law and may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, displayed, published or broadcasted without the prior written permission.

About Anthony Caruso III (10700 Articles)
Anthony Caruso III is the Publisher of The Capital Sports Report.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.