By Anthony Caruso III | Publisher
Jim Butner Auto Group sponsored Bo Butner III is the provisional Pro Stock leader on Friday night at the 50th annual Amalie Motor Oil NHRA Gatornationals at Gainesville Raceway in Gainesville, Florida. He went 6.556 at 210.73 mph for the Friday lead.
The Floyds Knobs, Indiana native is looking for his second straight No. 1 qualifier through three events. The Pomona season-opener winner was the No. 1 qualifier in the last event at Phoenix.
“Well, I can’t complain,” Butner said. “Our Chevy Camaro was pretty awesome. It has been all season. It’s just been very consistent. We made two rounds today within a (thousandth of a second). So that’s pretty impressive. I think we’re going to have a good weekend.”
Summit Racing Equipment sponsored driver Greg Anderson is the provisional No. 2 qualifier. The Mooresville, North Carolina native — who lost his father last Sunday — went 6.556 at 210.08 mph.
JEGS.com/Elite Performance sponsored driver Jeg Coughlin Jr. is the provisional No. 3 qualifier. The Delaware, Ohio native went 6.560 at 210.97 mph.
Melling Performance/Elite Performance sponsored driver Erica Enders-Stevens is the provisional No. 4 qualifier. The Houston, Texas native went 6.560 at 210.41 mph.
RBR Machine/RoofTech/Elite Performance sponsored driver Rodger Brogdon is the No. 5 qualifier. The Houston, Texas native went 6.562 at 210.14 mph.
Here’s how the rest of the provisional field panned out:
6. Jason Line, Camaro, 6.567, 211.16
7. Chris McGaha, Camaro, 6.570, 210.64
8. Alex Laughlin, Camaro, 6.573, 210.01
9. Matt Hartford, Camaro, 6.574, 209.79
10. Kenny Delco, Camaro, 6.592, 209.26
11. Fernando Cuadra, Camaro, 6.600, 210.18
12. Deric Kramer, Camaro, 6.604, 209.07
13. Alan Prusiensky, Dodge Dart, 6.653, 207.69
14. Val Smeland, Camaro, 6.662, 209.26;
15. Shane Tucker, Camaro, 6.706, 205.57
16. Wally Stroupe, Camaro, 6.782, 204.57
17. Jeff Isbell, 6.952, 202.79