By Anthony Caruso III | Publisher
Bo Butner is continuing his dominance in the first part of the 2019 NHRA Mello Yello Season. Butner is the provisional Pro Stock leader on Friday at The Strip at Las Vegas Motor Speedway in Las Vegas, Nevada.
The Floyds Knobs, Indiana native went 6.648 at 206.67 mph to claim the top spot on Friday at the 20th annual Denso Spark Plugs NHRA Four-Wide Nationals. If this is able to hold up on Saturday, it’ll be his second No. 1 qualifier of the season.
Butner is looking for his third win of the season.
JEGS.com/Elite Performance Pro Stock driver Jeg Coughlin Jr. is the provisional No. 2 qualifier. The Delaware, Ohio native went 6.665 at 206.48 mph.
His teammate Rodger Brogdon is the provisional No. 3 qualifier. The Houston, Texas native, who is sponsored by RBR Machine, went 6.665 at 206.39 mph.
The third Elite Performance teammate Alex Laughlin is presently the No. 4 qualifier. The Granbury, Texas native went 6.670 at 206.29 mph.
Total Seal sponsored Pro Stock driver Matt Hartford is the provisional No. 5 qualifier. The Scottsdale, Arizona native went 6.675 at 206.51 mph.
The rest of the Pro Stock field on Friday went as follows:
6. Erica Enders-Stevens, Camaro, 6.676, 206.54
7. Deric Kramer, Camaro, 6.677, 206.10
8. Jason Line, Camaro, 6.681, 205.94
9. Fernando Cuadra, Camaro, 6.683, 205.22
10. Greg Anderson, Camaro, 6.688, 205.63
11. Steve Graham, Camaro, 6.714, 206.29
12. Shane Tucker, Camaro, 6.732, 203.80
13. Joey Grose, Camaro, 6.751, 204.63
14. Alan Prusiensky, Dodge Dart, 6.828, 201.94
15. Chris McGaha, Camaro, 11.025, 81.61
16. Jeff Isbell, Ford Mustang, 15.220, 54.48.