By Anthony Caruso III | Publisher
Mike Salinas is having a good start through the first several races. He picked up his second career No. 1 qualifier at Las Vegas.
In addition, he won his first career race at Las Vegas, as well. Plus, on Friday night, he was the provisional Top Fuel No. 1 qualifier.
He went 3.687 at 327.43 mph in the Scrappers Racing Top Fuel Dragster at the 10th annual NGK Spark Plugs NHRA Four-Wide Nationals at zMAX Dragway in Concord, North Carolina. He’ll hope to keep the top spot on Saturday with two more qualifying sessions.
Matco Tools Top Fuel Dragster pilot Antron Brown is the provisional No. 2 qualifier. The Pittsboro, Indiana native went 3.725 at 327.03 mph.
Amalie Motor Oil Top Fuel Dragster pilot Terry McMillen is the provisional No. 3 qualifier. The Elkhart, Indiana native went 3.728 at 320.36 mph.
Mac Tools Top Fuel Dragster pilot Doug Kalitta is the provisional No. 4 qualifier. The Ann Arbor, Michigan native went 3.733 at 324.36 mph.
Rookie Austin Prock is the provisional No. 5 qualifier. The Danville, Indiana native went 5.286 at 133.72 mph.
The rest of the field panned out like this:
6. Audrey Worm, 7.420, 96.15
7. Brittany Force, 7.460, 82.72
8. Scott Palmer, 7.876, 95.54
9. Leah Pritchett, 8.253, 84.65
10. Spencer Massey, 8.271, 77.18
11. Clay Millican, 8.275, 75.15
12. Steve Torrence, 9.044, 81.13
13. Cameron Ferre, 10.640, 42.54
14. Dom Lagana, 12.849, 77.73
15.Lex Joon, 12.850, 37.71
16. Richie Crampton, 13.346, 80.04