By Anthony Caruso III | Publisher
Jason Line is the provisional No. 1 qualifier in Pro Stock on Friday at the Virginia NHRA Nationals. Line went 6.563 at 210.11 mph in his Summit Racing Equipment car at Virginia Motorsports Park in North Dinwiddie, Virginia.
The Mooresville, North Carolina native is looking for his first No. 1 qualifier of the season. If he secures the No. 1 qualifier on Saturday, it will be his 54th of his career.
“Pomona 1 is good for me,” Line said. “Pomona 2 has not been too good. As the year goes on, I get worse. The little break is probably a little good for me. We did work on some things — and we’re taking a little bit different approach to things and so far so good.”
The next three drivers are Team KB Racing. His Summit Racing Equipment teammate Greg Anderson is the provisional No. 2 qualifier. The Charlotte, North Carolina native went 6.578 at 209.56 mph.
Jim Butner Auto Group driver Bo Butner III is the provisional No. 3 qualifier. The Floyds Knobs, Indiana native went 6.580 at 210.01 mph.
American Ethanol driver Deric Kramer is the provisional No. 4 qualifier. The Sterling, Colorado native went 6.584 at 210.01 mph.
Total Seal/CIP1/Nitro Fish sponsored driver Matt Hartford is the provisional No. 5 qualifier. The Scottsdale, Arizona native went 6.588 at 209.10 mph.
Here is how the rest of the field panned out:
6. Erica Enders, Camaro, 6.595, 209.30
7. Jeg Coughlin, Camaro, 6.596, 209.17
8. Fernando Cuadra, Camaro, 6.604, 209.46
9. Alex Laughlin, Camaro, 6.609, 208.46
10.Chris McGaha, Camaro, 6.610, 208.30
11. Rodger Brogdon, Camaro, 6.613, 209.26
12. Shane Tucker, Camaro, 6.655, 206.35
13. Wally Stroupe, Camaro, 6.780, 203.58
14. Fernando Cuadra Jr., Camaro, 6.854, 200.47
15. Kenny Delco, Camaro, 12.449, 75.54
16. Alan Prusiensky, Dodge Dart, 13.748, 87.09
Not Qualified: 17. Val Smeland, 14.907, 56.66