By Anthony Caruso III | Publisher
Summit Racing Equipment Pro Stock driver Jason Line is the provisional No. 1 qualifier on Friday night. The Mooresville, North Carolina native went 6.582 at 207.56 mph at the Route 66 NHRA Nationals at Route 66 Raceway in Elwood, Illinois.
He will look to claim his second No. 1 qualifier of the season.
“This racetrack is always great,” Line said. “The starting line is super good and it was again [Friday]. We tend to underestimate it but we got after it and made a good run. We’re fortunate enough to be on the pole and my teammate is right behind me. A good day for the Summit team. All of our cars have been running good just a couple of things have kept Greg and myself from the winner’s circle.
“Hopefully, we can end that drought here. This track has been good to me. It’s the first place I ever won a [Pro Stock] race at so I kind of have a special bond with this place. No one wants to go to bed on Friday night not having a good run. Then, you are under pressure and you tent to not think as well, and you do desperation moves. [Friday night], I’ll sleep well.”
Summit Racing Equipment Pro Stock driver Greg Anderson is the provisional No. 2 qualifier. The Charlotte, North Carolina native went 6.583 at 207.50 mph.
Total Seal/CIP1/Nitro Fish Pro Stock driver Matt Hartford is the provisional No. 3 qualifier. The Scottsdale, Arizona native went 6.585 at 206.76 mph.
Corral Boots Pro Stock driver Fernando Cuadra is the provisional No. 4 qualifier. The León, Mexico native went 6.595 at 207.94 mph.
American Ethanol Pro Stock driver Deric Kramer is the provisional No. 5 qualifier. The Sterling, Colorado native went 6.599 at 209.26 mph.
The rest of the field panned out like this:
6) Erica Enders, Camaro, 6.606, 207.15 mph
7) Alex Laughlin, Camaro, 6.606, 206.92 mph
8) Bo Butner, Camaro, 6.609, 209.85 mph
9) Rodger Brogdon, Camaro, 6.611, 207.27 mph
10) Jeg Coughlin, Camaro, 6.617, 207.75 mph
11) Richard Freeman, Ford Mustang, 6.622, 207.69 mph
12) Chris McGaha, Camaro, 6.636, 208.46 mph
13) Shane Tucker, Camaro, 6.657, 206.23 mph
14) Val Smeland, Camaro, 6.658, 206.51 mph
15) Kenny Delco, Camaro, 6.660, 206.54 mph
16) Fernando Cuadra Jr., Camaro, 6.745, 204.39 mph
17) Alan Prusiensky, 6.748, 205.91 mph
18) Wally Stroupe, 6.795, 203.37 mph
19) Robert River, 6.899, 200.83 mph
Any Corrections?. You can contact Anthony Caruso III, Publisher at email@example.com.
©2007-2019 The Capital Sports Report. Please honor copyright! Piracy hurts writers, devalues their works, and puts you and your employer at risk of lawsuits. All original materials contained on this website are protected by the United States copyright law and may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, displayed, published or broadcasted without the prior written permission.