By Anthony Caruso III | Publisher
Denso Pro Stock Motorcycle rider Matt Smith is the provisional No. 1 qualifier on Friday night at Sonoma Raceway. He set a new track record pass with a 6.779 at 200.83 mph at the Toyota NHRA Sonoma Nationals in Sonoma, California.
Smith set the mark during the first qualifying session on Friday afternoon when he was in a pairing with Hector Arana Jr. He’ll attempt to have his time hold up on Saturday during the final two qualifying sessions.
If it’ll hold up, it’ll be his third No. 1 qualifier of the season.
White Alligator Racing’s Jerry Savoie is the provisional No. 2 qualifier. The Cut Off, Louisiana native went 6.801 at 198.20 mph.
Screamin’ Eagle Vance & Hines Harley-Davidson rider Eddie Krawiec is the provisional No. 3 qualifier. The Danville, Indiana native went 6.838 at 199.85 mph.
Denso sponsored rider Angie Smith is the provisional No. 4 qualifier. The King, North Carolina native went 6.843 at 199.23 mph.
Savoie’s White Alligator Racing teammate Karen Stoffer is the provisional No. 5 qualifier. The Gardnerville, Nevada native went 6.844 at 193.90 mph.
The rest of the provisional field looks like this:
6) Hector Arana Jr. 6.856/197.02 mph
7) Andrew Hines 6.889/198.70 mph
8) Scotty Pollacheck 6.910/196.07 mph
9) Hector Arana 6.928 at 193.29 mph
10) Angelle Sampey 6.942/184.47 mph
11) Kelly Clontz 1.951/193.65 mph
12) Ryan Oehler 6.956/194.97 mph
13) Joey Gladstone 7.046/185.21 mph
14) Katie Sullivan 7.074/185.59 mph
15) Michael Ray 7.158/187.31 mph
16) Cory Reed 7.172/189.66 mph
17) Dylan Hendrix 7.178/184.60 mph
18) Jianna Salinas 7.198/182.87
19) James Surber 7.295/184.42 mph
20) Scott Bottorff 7.342/189.10 mph
21) Melissa Surber 7.356/183.94 mph