By Anthony Caruso III | Publisher
Summit Racing Equipment Pro Stock driver Jason Line is leading on Friday back in his home state. Line – who now resides in Troutman, North Carolina – went 6.606 at 207.27 mph at the 38th annual Lucas Oil NHRA Nationals at Brainerd International Raceway in Brainerd, Minnesota.
If his time holds up on Saturday, it’ll be his second No. 1 qualifier of the season. In addition, it would also mark his 55th No. 1 qualifier of his career.
“It stinks to qualify in middle of the field,” said Line. “Haven’t done a good job of that for a while. That was a good run, but I need to go back to shifting school. I missed it and left a few thousandths out there. I haven’t seen the weather for tomorrow, but I think we might go a bit quicker tomorrow. I’m not sure. Erica [Enders] is running really well, and Bo [Butner] has the potential too. For tonight, I like where I am and don’t want to trade with anyone.
“Racing here in Brainerd is fun, but it’s a lot of chaos. I love coming back here to see folks I grew up with. I made my first runs-ever here and won my first [Lucas Oil Series] race here. This has been a great hobby for my family, and it keeps me out of trouble.”
Melling Performance/Elite Performance Pro Stock driver Erica Enders is the provisional No. 2 qualifier. The Houston, Texas native went 6.616 at 206.99 mph.
American Ethanol Pro Stock driver Deric Kramer is the provisional No. 3 qualifier. The Sterling, Colorado native went 6.627 at 207.50 mph.
JEGS/Elite Performance Pro Stock driver Jeg Coughlin Jr. is the provisional No. 4 qualifier. The Delaware, Ohio native went 6.627 at 206.54 mph.
Total Seal sponsored Pro Stock driver Matt Hartford is the provisional No. 5 qualifier. The Scottsdale, Arizona native went 6.628 at 205.63 mph.
The rest of the provisional field looks like this:
6. Bo Butner, Camaro, 6.633, 206.64 mph
7. Fernando Cuadra, Camaro, 6.640, 206.89 mph
8. Greg Anderson, Camaro, 6.643, 206.01 mph
9. Alex Laughlin, Camaro, 6.643, 205.79 mph
10. Richard Freeman, Camaro, 6.657, 206.39 mph
11. Kenny Delco, Camaro, 6.663, 206.20 mph
12. Fernando Cuadra Jr., Camaro, 6.668, 205.79 mph
13. Val Smeland, Camaro, 6.673, 206.51 mph
14. Shane Tucker, Camaro, 6.692, 206.04 mph
15. Wally Stroupe, Camaro, 6.725, 204.70 mph
16. Chris McGaha, Camaro, 6.728, 205.19 mph
17. Alan Prusiensky, 6.784, 203.12 mph
18. Cristian Cuadra, 6.794, 202.33 mph
19. Robert River, 6.858, 198.47 mph
20. Mark Hogan, 6.897, 198.41 mph