Advertisements
Latest News

DC non committal on UFC future

Follow The Capital Sports Report on WordPress.com

Follow us: @CapSportsReport on Twitter | The Capital Sports Report on Facebook

By Anthony Caruso III | Publisher

Daniel “DC” Cormier suffered his first loss in the Heavyweight Division in the UFC on Saturday night. The 40-year-old was knocked out by Stipe Miocic in the fourth-round at the Honda Center in Anaheim, California.

Cormier made a statement on Monday saying that he is not sure if he’ll fight in the organization once again. Before the Miocic fight, he said he had two fights left – and one of them he said previously was a trilogy with Jon Jones.

Former UFC Heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier is being interviewed following his TKO loss to Stipe Miocic
Daniel Cormier is being interviewed following his TKO loss to Stipe Miocic (Getty Images/Josh Hedges/Zuffa LLC)

“It’s been a couple of days and I can’t stress the disappointment, I am so sorry to all I have let down,” Cormier said in an Instagram post. “To my wife and kids, I am so sorry you guys had to experience that, I never wanted y’all to see that and the hurt you guys showed breaks my heart every time I think about it. My coaches I am sorry, I appreciate the work and time you’ve spent with me. My fans, thank you guys for all the love and support you have guided me to all these amazing accomplishments.

“Stipe Miocic and his team, congratulations on a tremendous victory, you showed so much heart and grit, you are the definition of Cleveland tough. @danawhite And all at the @ufc thank you all for everything you have done for me and my family. This has been the most amazing journey, I will decide what I am gonna do now, and as soon as I decide you will all know right away. I love you all. DC”

Before his loss to Miocic, Cormier was 15-0 in Heavyweight bouts. The San Jose, California native is 22-2-1 in his MMA career.

He has lost to Miocic and Jones in his career. He had his 2017 second loss to Jones overturned to a no contest following Jones’ failed drug test.

Advertisements

Any Corrections?. You can contact Anthony Caruso III, Publisher at publisher@thecapitalsportsreport.com.

 

Follow us: @CapSportsReport on Twitter | The Capital Sports Report on Facebook

 

©2007-2019 The Capital Sports Report. Please honor copyright! Piracy hurts writers, devalues their works, and puts you and your employer at risk of lawsuits. All original materials contained on this website are protected by the United States copyright law and may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, displayed, published or broadcasted without the prior written permission.

About Anthony Caruso III (10805 Articles)
Anthony Caruso III is the Publisher of The Capital Sports Report.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.