By Anthony Caruso III | Publisher
Daniel “DC” Cormier suffered his first loss in the Heavyweight Division in the UFC on Saturday night. The 40-year-old was knocked out by Stipe Miocic in the fourth-round at the Honda Center in Anaheim, California.
Cormier made a statement on Monday saying that he is not sure if he’ll fight in the organization once again. Before the Miocic fight, he said he had two fights left – and one of them he said previously was a trilogy with Jon Jones.
“It’s been a couple of days and I can’t stress the disappointment, I am so sorry to all I have let down,” Cormier said in an Instagram post. “To my wife and kids, I am so sorry you guys had to experience that, I never wanted y’all to see that and the hurt you guys showed breaks my heart every time I think about it. My coaches I am sorry, I appreciate the work and time you’ve spent with me. My fans, thank you guys for all the love and support you have guided me to all these amazing accomplishments.
“Stipe Miocic and his team, congratulations on a tremendous victory, you showed so much heart and grit, you are the definition of Cleveland tough. @danawhite And all at the @ufc thank you all for everything you have done for me and my family. This has been the most amazing journey, I will decide what I am gonna do now, and as soon as I decide you will all know right away. I love you all. DC”
Before his loss to Miocic, Cormier was 15-0 in Heavyweight bouts. The San Jose, California native is 22-2-1 in his MMA career.
He has lost to Miocic and Jones in his career. He had his 2017 second loss to Jones overturned to a no contest following Jones’ failed drug test.