By Anthony Caruso III | Publisher
JEGS/Elite Performance Pro Stock driver Jeg Coughlin Jr. is the provisional No. 1 qualifier on Friday at the AAA Texas NHRA FallNationals. The Delaware, Ohio native went 6.509 at 210.41 mph at the Texas Motorplex in Ennis, Texas.
If this holds up on Saturday, it’ll be his second No. 1 qualifier of the season. In addition, it’ll be his 31st No. 1 qualifier of the season.
“It was aggressive from the time we left the trailer until I turned off the track,” said Coughlin. “Rickie [Jones, crew chief] had made a good pass on the first run and were No. 1 after the first session and he was trying to lay the boards over again in that run. We were .956 to 60 feet, which is almost unheard-of. I knew Erica would be right there but I wasn’t going to peek over and maybe scrub off a thousandth of a second by letting the car move around.”
His Elite Performance teammate Erica Enders is the provisional No. 2 qualifier. The Houston, Texas native went 6.510 at 211.53 mph.
American Ethanol Pro Stock driver Deric Kramer is the provisional No. 3 qualifier. The Sterling, Colorado native went 6.533 at 210.28 mph.
Jim Butner Auto Group sponsored Pro Stock driver Bo Butner is the provisional No. 4 qualifier. The Floyds Knobs, Indiana native went 6.535 at 210.57 mph.
Total Seal sponsored Pro Stock driver Matt Hartford is the provisional No. 5 qualifier. The Scottsdale, Arizona native went 6.548 at 210.64 mph.
The rest of the provisional field looks like this:
6. Fernando Cuadra, Camaro, 6.553, 210.37 mph
7. Jason Line, Camaro, 6.556, 210.97 mph
8. Aaron Stanfield, Camaro, 6.556, 210.14 mph
9. Kenny Delco, Camaro, 6.560, 209.49 mph
10. Greg Anderson, Camaro, 6.574, 210.05 mph
11. Chris McGaha, Camaro, 6.577, 210.57 mph
12. Fernando Cuadra Jr., Camaro, 6.591, 209.07 mph
13. Shane Tucker, Camaro, 6.609, 209.39 mph
14. Val Smeland, Camaro, 6.611, 208.81 mph
15. Richie Stevens, Dodge Dart, 6.648, 209.14 mph
16. Cristian Cuadra, Ford Mustang, 6.652, 208.46 mph