By Anthony Caruso III | Publisher
Advance Auto Parts Top Fuel Dragster pilot Brittany Force is the provisional No. 1 qualifier near Dallas, Texas on Friday. She went 3.651 at 331.28 mph to claim the top spot on the opening day of the event at the 34th annual AAA Texas NHRA FallNationals at the Texas Motorplex in Ennis, Texas.
Force set the track E.T. record with her qualifying pass. If this holds, it’ll be her 8th No. 1 qualifier of the season.
In addition, if it holds on Saturday, it’ll be her 18th No. 1 qualifier of her career.
“That was an awesome run,” Force said. “It was a very important run and [Saturday] is going to be what’s really important. How we run [on Saturday], getting two consistent runs going into race day, we should be set up pretty good. I put all my faith in these guys. It’s an incredible team and we’re looking for a win. We love No. 1 qualifiers, but we would rather win on race day.”
Pennzoil sponsored Top Fuel Dragster pilot Leah Pritchett is the provisional No. 2 qualifier. The Avon, Indiana native went 3.681 at 332.10 mph.
Scrappers Racing Top Fuel Dragster pilot Mike Salinas is the provisional No. 3 qualifier. The San Jose, California native went 3.681 at 331.12 mph.
Capco Contractors Top Fuel Dragster pilot Steve Torrence is the provisional No. 4 qualifier. The Kilgore, Texas native went 3.689 at 329.18 mph.
Capco Contractors Top Fuel Dragster pilot Billy Torrence is the provisional No. 5 qualifier. The Kilgore, Texas native went 3.712 at 330.47 mph.
The rest of the provisional field looks like this:
6. Jordan Vandergriff, 3.713, 324.59 mph
7. Antron Brown, 3.717, 327.82 mph
8. Richie Crampton, 3.720, 325.69 mph
9. Doug Kalitta, 3.724, 330.63 mph
10. Clay Millican, 3.725, 328.30 mph
11. Austin Prock, 3.739, 328.54 mph
12. Terry McMillen, 3.748, 326.71 mph
13. Shawn Reed, 3.766, 322.88 mph
14. Lee Callaway, 3.808, 312.28 mph
15. Kebin Kinsley, 3.813, 273.22 mph
16. Cory McClenathan, 4.223, 277.94 mph