PA dirt track defies executive order, returns to racing

By Anthony Caruso III | Publisher

According to CBS Philadelphia, a Pennsylvania dirt track has violated an executive order by Governor Tom Wolf recently. Many people believe that a lot of these states — who are still under lock down orders — have had Governors, who let the power go to their heads.

Unfortunately, dirt tracks are not essential under Wolf’s executive orders. Yet, Penn Can Speedway in Susquehanna County, Pennsylvania has been holding events.

Penn Can Speedway (Photo by Penn Can Speedway)

JoAnn Mady said that the facility had a large crowd on Friday night. She also claimed that teams came as far as Florida to compete at the facility.

The facility can reportedly hold 2,000 people.

The report said that there were only seven new cases of the coronavirus in the last 14 days. In Susquehanna County, where the track is located, there is not supposed to be any events held, especially at entertainment venues, which tracks would be considered.

In addition, there is also bans of 25 or more people. Track promoter Gary Folk Jr. said, according to the report, that the authorities have cited the track twice already for being open when the government claims that they should be closed.

Folk Jr. Is reportedly worried about the citations, which could carry expensive fines. Like many business owners, he is also worried about not having a business to go to whenever the governor and local officials clear the area to go back to normal — which could be way later this year.

There has been speculation in many states that have lock down orders — like California, New Jersey and Pennsylvania — that things may not be back to normal until November or December or potentially later than that. New Jersey Governor Phil Murphy will not lift the lock down orders until there is a vaccine, which is YEARS away from being ready.

The facility is celebrating its 65th-year in 2020. Folk and his father have been the owners of the lease since last year.

Folk Jr. Also said in the report that he, along with his father, has spent thousands of dollars to improve the facility. The report also said that if there was no racing, the track would have to be shut down forever.

“I don’t want to be in trouble, I don’t want to see anyone sick, I don’t want to see any of that stuff,” he said. “But we had the opportunity to do something really cool here, and if we didn’t get to it, we were dying on the vine.”

While Governor Wolf has denied sports so far from happening, he did admit in his press conference that he has spoken with NASCAR, along with other professional leagues, to allow sporting events back in the state.

Report a Typo or Correction

Copyright © 2007-2020. The Capital Sports Report. All Rights Reserved.

All information contained in this Digital Publication are copyright by The Capital Sports Report, and may not be duplicated, copied, modified or adapted, in any way without our written permission. Your use of our work does not constitute any right or license for you to use our trademarks, without the prior written permission of The Capital Sports Report. Our Content, as found within our Website, is protected under United States and foreign copyrights laws. The copying, redistribution, or use of our publication by you of any such Content, is strictly prohibited. Your use of our Website does not grant you any ownership rights to our Content.

The Capital Sports Report and its logo are official trademarks of Anthony Caruso III and Anthony Caruso Enterprises.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.