By Anthony Caruso III | Publisher
Bo Butner will step away from full-time Pro Stock competition at the end of the 2020 NHRA Mello Yello Drag Racing Series, according to Competition Plus. Butner will be the second KB Racing drivers to retire from the sport.
Butner joins Jason Line, who announced his retirement before the season.
“My good friend Jason Line is retiring; this is his last year,” Butner said during an appearance on Thursday’s WFORadio.com live broadcast. “Jeggie [Jeg Coughlin Jr.] is also not going to be a full-time deal. Well, I am also making that same decision. “I am probably going to expand my business. It’s great, and I cannot turn it down. Ken and Judy Black have been great to me. I am not going to any other team. I might be at a race every now and them, but as it stands now, I am not going to come back to fun anything full-time.”
During the 2018 season, Butner announced his retirement. However, after having a conversation with his family, he elected to come back to the sport on a full-time basis after the NHRA made changes to 18 races for the 2019 season.
Butner wants to spend more time bracket racing. He also competes in numerous sportsman categories.
“That’s the way I came into the sport, and I always said I want to go out the way I came in,” he said.
This weekend, Butner will be back in action with Line at the Dodge NHRA Indy Nationals presented by Pennzoil at Lucas Oil Raceway in Brownsburg, Indiana. The Floyds Knobs, Indiana native will be competing in Pro Stock and Pro Modified this weekend.
Next weekend, though, Butner will be back to his roots as he and Line will be at a big money Stock Eliminator event at Ohio Valley Raceway.
“We are going back to our roots,” Line said.