By Anthony Caruso III | Publisher
During the Great 8, Swanstrom was competing against “Super Dave” Adkins at Maple Grove Raceway in Mohnton, Pennsylvania. This was the second Great 8 race before they halted racing for the evening.
Shortly into the race, Swanstrom experienced a fire. Then, towards the finish line, Adkins went to brake and lost control of his car.
READ MORE: Click here for our latest Racing coverage.
He then crashed into the rear end of Prenup, Swanstrom’s car. Prenup was a fireball at the top end.
“My face got a little hot, other than that I’m fine!,” Swanstrom said in a Facebook post. “I’ve always said the fire is the worst thing but I’ll address the rumors…
– Heart broken? Yes
– Mad at other driver? No, it’s racing. I signed up for this
– Was car on fire before it got hit? Yes, we broke a fuel line.
– Tried to help other driver out of car? Yes
– Got mad at other end when track told me they were tired of fixing walls? HELL YEAH
– BODY SLAMMED A COP? Negative
– Dad get excited when cop grabbed me? Yes, but nothing escalated pass that.
– Will we be fixing the car? Trying to, gonna get it to CJRC (Cameron Johnson Race Cars)
– Did I shoot stuff in other lane? NO.
Swanstrom is going to try to rebuild Prenup. It may take some time for Cameron Johnson Race Cars to rebuild it.
READ MORE: Click here for our latest Sports coverage.
“Thanks everyone for the support and reaching out,” Swanstrom said. “We will get it fixed and be back out. From production to producer to racers to my crew to fans to family, thank you! Just wanted to address the rumors, I’m passionate about this sport and very emotional at times.
“It’s all good from both parties and we all walked away, prenup little beat up, but we will see damage back home and see what we can do, we have a lot of people on deck right now.”
Subscribe to our newsletter!