Friday, December 2, 2022

Penske releases A.J. Allmendinger after NASCAR suspension

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

By Anthony Caruso III | Publisher Penske Racing has announced that they have cut ties with driver A.J. Allmendinger. His departure comes after he was indefinitely suspended by NASCAR. He has been suspended by the sanctioning body due to substance abuse. One week ago the sanctioning body said that Allmendinger will not be able to compete in the sport until further notice. He had two samples that came back positive for a banned substance. The 30-year-old needs to do certain things to regain eligibility into the sport. We do not know what they are; however, Allmendinger does. NASCAR did not release what he may have taken to lead to his ban. His business manager Tara Hagan claimed that he tested positive for amphetamine. “I apologize for the distraction, embarrassment, and difficulties that my current suspension from NASCAR has provided,” Allmendinger said in a press release statement. In the meantime, Sam Hornish Jr. will drive Allmendinger’s car. Allmendinger has entered into NASCAR’s “Road to Recovery” program. Despite the suspension, Allmendinger hopes that he can return in the near future. “A.J. is a terrific driver, a good person and it is very unfortunate that we have to separate at this time,” Penske said. “As A.J. begins NASCAR’s ‘Road to Recovery’ program, we wish him the best and look forward to seeing him compete again in NASCAR.” Allmendinger is the second driver to be suspended for illegal drugs in the past few years. Jeremy Mayfield previously was suspended in May 2009.

See also  Larson wins 2020 Golden Driller
Anthony Caruso III
Anthony Caruso IIIhttps://thecapitalsportsreport.com
Anthony Caruso III is the Publisher of The Capital Sports Report. He has been in the sports journalism field since 2002 and has covered numerous high-profile events, including 11 Heisman Trophy ceremonies.
Latest news
Related news