By Anthony Caruso III | Publisher
John Force Racing had to answer the call on Monday on whether or not they would be racing this coming weekend at Lucas Oil Raceway at Indianapolis. They did not answer the call.
Now, the specialty race will not include the 16-time champion John Force, or his three additional drivers. That includes Robert Hight, Brittany Force, and Austin Prock.
The NHRA will return to the track this weekend for the first-time since February at Wild Horse Pass Motorsports Park in Chandler, Arizona. The sport, like the rest of the country, has been on hold due to the coronavirus pandemic that has wrecked havoc on the United States and the world.
READ MORE: Click here for our latest Racing coverage.
The team had to enter into the race on Monday afternoon. But they did not enter into the race.
“The John Force Racing team is not registered for the E3 Spark Plugs NHRA Nationals this weekend in Indianapolis,” the NHRA said to NBC Sports. “We look forward to their return in the future.”
There have been a lot of rumors swirling around the Internet. Yet, John Force Racing has failed to answer the questions that the fans have.
“The only heads up that I can give you is that we aren’t making any sort of announcement or commenting on any of the numerous rumors that are out there,” Sara Slaughter, John Force Racing spokesman said.
READ MORE: Click here for our latest Sports coverage.
The 71-year-old living legend John Force is at a higher risk than much of his younger competitors. While there are going to be precautions in place at the venue, it does not guarantee any competitor that they may not get the virus.
“An unavoidable risk of exposure to and contacting COVID-19 exists anywhere people are or have been present,” the NHRA has said in a warning. “COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness, disability, and death. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, senior citizens and guests with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable. Although the NHRA has instituted reasonable practices in an attempt to reduce the spread of COVID-19, NHRA cannot guarantee that you will not succumb to the virus. By attending our event, you voluntarily assume all risks related to COVID-19.”
We previously reported that the team was likely not going to race since they were not on the entry list before Monday. It has been two years since John Force missed a race.
But for his entire team to miss a race — if that will be the case — then this could be the second-time in team history that has happened.
Force last missed a race at the 31st annual NHRA SpringNationals at then Royal Purple Raceway (now it is called Houston Raceway Park) after he failed to qualify for the April 2018 race.
That was the first time he had missed a race since he failed to qualify for the NHRA Carolina Nationals race at zMAX Dragway on Sept. 13, 2008.
The team missed the next race following Eric Medlen’s death.
Subscribe to our newsletter!