Tuesday, November 22, 2022

Man U, Ronaldo part ways after Piers Morgan interview

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

By Anthony Caruso III | Publisher

Manchester United has terminated the contract of soccer superstar Cristiano Ronaldo. He is now a free agant.

The release comes after the interview that he did with Piers Morgan. The multi-part interview aired over several nights in the United Kingdom on TalkTV.

Cristiano Ronaldo during training for the World Cup (Photo by Christopher Lee/Getty Images)

“Cristiano Ronaldo is to leave Manchester United by mutual agreement, with immediate effect,” the club said in a statement. “The club thanks him for his immense contribution across two spells at Old Trafford, scoring 145 goals in 346 appearances, and wishes him and his family well for the future.

“Everyone at Manchester United remains focused on continuing the team’s progress under Erik ten Hag and working together to deliver success on the pitch.”

Ronaldo criticized the team during the interview. He also said that he had no respect for manager Erik Ten Hag.

He said that thd team has had no progress since Sir Alex Ferguson retired in 2013. He also said that the owners, the Glazers, also own the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in the NFL, have had no contact with him since he joined the team.

Ronaldo made 40 appearances in his second stint with Manchester United. He previously played for the team when he was younger in his career from 2003 through 2009.

The 37-year-old — who will be 38 in February — joined Manchester United in 2021. He joined Man U after a stint with Juventus in Serie A.

Before joining Juventus, he played for Real Madrid and Sporting CP.

“I love Manchester United and I love the fans that will never change,” Ronaldo said in his statement. “However, it feels like the right time for me to seek a new challenge.

See also  Piqué upset with Galatasaray fans after objects thrown at him

“I wish the team every success for the remainder of the season and for the future.”

© 2007-2022 The Capital Sports Report. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcasted, rewritten, or redistributed.
Anthony Caruso III
Anthony Caruso IIIhttps://thecapitalsportsreport.com
Anthony Caruso III is the Publisher of The Capital Sports Report. He has been in the sports journalism field since 2002 and has covered numerous high-profile events, including 11 Heisman Trophy ceremonies.
Latest news
Related news